Reading Notes: Fables of Bidpai, Part A

Hi everyone!


So today I read Fables of Bidpai part A. I am kinda running behind on my readings, but what a great story to get back in the swing of things. Wow I loved these stories. I could read them all day. What I enjoy about them is their clarity. They are short, to the point, and well written.

Two of my favorite stories from part A were The Hunter The Fox and The Leopard and The Fox and The Piece of Meat. I like to think of these two stories running together. Like if the fox left his piece of meat while chasing the hens, but then the cheetah takes it instead of the kit.

This week for my storytelling I want to combine these stories. I will use a fox as the main character. Change the leopard to a mountain lion or bobcat to make it a bit more southern. I will also change the jackal to a cow. I want to keep the story in third person and keep the same overall messages: do not be greedy.

One thing that I notice that these stories typically lack is imagery. I wonder what this story would be like with more depth and detail. Are they in a forest? The savannah? What about a farm in Africa? Is the weather hot or raining, is it day or night? I think adding a bit more detail would create a more vivid story. With that said, the length should not be changed too much.

Shorter stories are easier to stay focused during and become more engaged in. This may be a cool story to do a twine to! I actually think that would be such a fun and great idea!

Bibliography: Fables of Bidpai, Part A written by Maude Barrows Dutton [link here]

Comments

Popular Posts