Introduction to a Girl Who Loves to Yell Boomer Sooner

Hey guys....welcome to my introduction :)

Bring On The Confetti Because Less Than 5 Months Till Graduation, picture by Camille

My name is Camille Fichera. I grew up in Burleson, Texas. If you do not know where that is, it is where Kelly Clarkson is from! I actually had her same choir teacher.....but the talent did not transfer in the slightest haha.

I moved to Norman for college almost four years ago. I still remember my first day in town like it was yesterday. I thought graduation was so far away and here I am....less than 5 months away from walking across the stage.
Me at Camp Crimson ALMOST 4 YEARS AGO.....picture by Camille

In my time at OU I have had the opportunity to join the coolest organization ever...aka the RUF/NEK Lil'Sis. I have made so many quality friendships and memories that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. I have been a representative of the University, been one of the first females to shoot a shotgun on Owen Field, rode the Sooner Schooner countless times, and been able to welcome and care for the people who welcomed me to Oklahoma with open arms.

Me and Red Ace on Game Day (one of our 3 guns we shoot), picture by Camille

My journey in college has been everything I could have ever imagined and so much more.

On to some cool facts about me (or at least I think they are cool)!

  • My major is Neuroscience 
  • I absolute love to dance 
  • I am dyslexic 
  • My favorite place is in the mountains (feel free to read my favorite place post here)
  • I am getting a mini golden doodle puppy in April
Mini Goldendoodle Pups, picture by Bluebonnet Doodles 

This is also a pretty good list of the things I love to do! I love learning, dancing, hiking, and puppies.

But...there are some things that aren't on the list.....

I love baking and cooking a lot. I make my own sourdough bread and tortillas from scratch every couple weeks. I think baking is a bit more fun because I feel like there is so much room for experimentation. Plus baking leads to bread and sweet treats, and who doesn't love those in the pantry?

Some Sourdough Bread I Made, picture by Camille

Here are some of my favorite cool/easy recipes to try:
  • Homemade flour tortillas (I used butter instead of lard) 
  • Sweet Potato Risotto (I actually do this in my instapot. I cook a whole chicken first, use the broth as liquid for the rice, then cook the rice in the instapot)
  • Cacio e Pepe (This one is for the instapot, but could totally be done in a normal pot on the stove)
  • Vegan Pot Pie (I just throw whatever I want in the filling like chickpeas, green peas, corn, shredded carrots, and even a hint of butter.....but that is hush hush)
I also love working out and being outside. I adore the sun. All I want to do is be outside all the time haha. If the sun isn't out then you can definitely find me in the gym. For me, workouts keep me on my toes and challenge me. I find them so much fun and really beneficial to my mental health. 

Sad Workout Pup, picture made with Cheezburger

Lastly, I love being a social butterfly. This one is kinda funny because I used to be so shy. I definitely still have a lot of introvert tendencies. Most of them are kinda forced to help me in school. I get my energy from being with people, but I definitely can't focus on studying when I am around people. I need to be in my own space to zone in on my work and get things done. With that said, I want to talk to everyone all the time haha.

Anyways, thank you for reading a little about me :)

Comments

  1. Hi (again) Camille! It is so fun to meet people a second time around because now I can really connect with your Introduction and how I've gotten to know you already. Yay for confetti and graduation! I am glad this class is getting to be part of that senior-year countdown! And I had totally forgotten that you were doing a neuroscience major... of course you know how much I connect with that (I can completely nerd out reading books about linguistics and brain science, or storytelling and brain science!).
    And while graduation is great and all... a puppy coming in April sounds absolutely beautiful. Please share pictures when that happens! Goldendoodles are so adorable.
    Finally I can totally understand what you say about introvert and extrovert: that is why I like teaching online so much. On the one hand, I can hunker down for hours at a time reading people's stories and writing feedback (I am Storybook-deprived at the moment!), but I also like just poking around in the blogs, at Twitter, connecting with friends and chatting, looking at memes, ha ha (I love that workout pup!)....... and then plunging back into the work-work.
    Anyway, I am so glad to see you here, and I hope you will enjoy the stories of India! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Camille,
    I am graduating this May too. It really is crazy how fast those four years fly by! That's awesome how you became a RUF NEK. They always look like they are having so much on the field! Food and working out are two of passions as well! Except I definitely do a lot more eating that I do baking, haha! My workouts help me keep my mental sanity when the semesters get hectic. Good luck in all your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Camille!
    I haven't met many people majoring in neuroscience, I'd be interested to know what made you choose that for your major and what you hope to do with it post-graduation. I can certainly relate to the love of hiking, being outdoors, and just the sun in general. I also understand the transition from introvert to extrovert, as that is certainly something I've experienced in college as well. In high school I would have perfectly fit the definition of an introvert, whereas now my friends would consider me as extroverted as can be. It's crazy how much college can change you in just four short years. Good luck with the rest of your semester and with any future plans post-graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Camille!
    Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! It sounds like you have had a really awesome experience at OU. How did you wind up in the RUF/NEK Lil'Sis program? I haven't met many people around campus who are apart of those activities; I've only ever seen stuff on TV. Neuroscience sounds like an arduous but very interesting major. Keep up the good work in your last semester, I hope it's an great one! I 'm looking forward to reading some of your stories as the semester progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Camille!
    I am also a Texas girl in my last semester here at OU. I think it's cool that you have been a part of the RUF/NEK Lil'Sis program. It always looks like you guys are having so much fun at the football games (especially when it's not super cold outside). I hope you'll add pictures of your Goldendoodle puppy when April comes around, love me a cute puppy. Good luck with you final semester!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Camille! That's so cool that you are a part of RUF/NEK Lil'Sis and that you have gotten to ride in the Sooner Schooner! What is it like? I imagine it is kind of scary, but nonetheless it seems so fun! I love dogs! I have 2 labradoodles that are almost 3 years old and my sister just got a labradoodle who is about 8 months! I love the puppy stage when they are little and so cute! That's so cool you made it to the finals for the OKC thunder! I was also a dancer and always dreamed of being a dancer for the Dallas Mavericks before they got rid of their dance team. You'll have to tell me how you got out of being so shy. I am so shy and I am learning everyday it is a little easier to be more extroverted but sometimes I revert back to introverted ways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Camille!

    That is awesome that you are such a trailblazer for the Lil’Sis’s! I think that job is a lot hard than it looks especially when riding in the Schooner and the horses are just running wild. Baking is one of my favorite hobbies as well! I haven’t done it in a while because I have been so busy, but it seems that you are a master of your craft!. I hope the rest of the semester goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Camille,

    I have so many different, random comments. A. I love that first picture. B. Golden retrievers are the best dogs! Poodles are, too. I bet they make a great mix. C. Baking! Science you can eat! D. Thanks for the tortilla recipe! and E. That's awesome that you got so much field time with the Ruf Neks. When I was in The Pride in '99 and '00, there was no way in Hell they'd let the little sis' out on the field, and the only female I ever saw ride the Schooner was the homecoming queen. You're paving the way for more equality in our student organizations!

    -Eden

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Camille!

    Firstly, congratulations on being an almost-graduate! As someone who is not very active in the football scene, I think it is so cool that you're really involved with RUF/NEK Lil'Sis. I am sure you have gained some great experiences through it while also creating more representation for women! I also love to cook and bake, and I really look forward to trying some of the recipes you linked, especially the sweet potato risotto. I look forward to learning more about you through your writing! P.S. your bread looks a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Camille!
    Those recipes you linked looked really good, I'll for sure have to try one or two of them. I hope you get that puppy! Goldendoodles are my favorite; I can't wait to get one of my own some day! I'm a big fan of the mountains too, but beaches are always going to be better. I look forward to reading more of your writing in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Camille,
    Your blog is so stinkin' cute!! I loved reading every aspect of it all. I think that it is really cool that you've gotten to experience being part of so many firsts at OU! You're so involved with so many things!! I can't even keep up with myself and you're over here making your own sourdough bread and tortillas! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Camille,

    I'm really jealous that you're getting a mini golden doodle soon! Any time I see people talking about their dogs (or soon-to-be dogs) I really want to adopt one. Also, I loved your way of introducing yourself; you made it really casual, and it seemed as though we were talking in person instead of me reading details about yourself, the casualness of you writing was very comforting. I also appreciate the sourdough recipe, as it looked really good and I may try it some time! I like how you balance your extracurricular activities with your schoolwork, as you make it seem effortless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Camille,
    I’m glad college has been so great for you these past few years. I wish I could say the same. That’s so cool that you are from the same place as Kelly Clarkson. What made you decide to come to Norman? I also really love to cook. I’m not so great at baking, but I do make my own jam filled granola bars and these Brazilian cheese breads called pao de queijo. My friend is a vegan baker and she has a blog. You should check her stuff out at here and maybe you’ll find something tasty and new to make.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Camille,
    It is cool that is how you met your friends. I made my best friends through study abroad. It was crazy think that I was going to school with these people and I didn’t know they existed and now they are my family! It is nice you like the university so much. I am just ready to be done lol. Those puppies are so cute!! I wish to have a cockadoodle someday!! I cook and bake a lot but I have never made bread other than tortillas and would love to start!! It is awesome to try some of the recipes you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Camille, nice to meet you!! omg, I can't even imagine having Kelly Clarkson as my choir teacher, that crazy! Have you ever tried to reach out to her??

    I'm also a senior and I got emotional when you said walking across the stage since we won't get to do that now. It's so sad but I know it's for the best. But your puppy is super CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts