Week 9 Story: Ekalavya's Journal

Training day 4,000

Whew......today was a dream and a nightmare all in one.

I started this morning like every other. I did my morning meditation with Drona and then warmed up my archery. The sun was directly overhead when my stomach interrupted my practice. I asked Drona if I could leave and find food and he did not seem to oppose it......in fact...I felt as if he was pushing me away.....pulling me into the forest.

So off I went.

After walking a while I heard a dog barking. I was very hungry.......before you think I am a monster.....dogs are like way too cute to kill. I was hungry and there happened to be a dog. I did not kill it..... I promise......

Honestly, I have always wanted a dog. Like a big fluffy dog. One that barks really loud but also cuddles. Gosh....I want a dog so bad....

Anyways,

Where there is a dog, there are typically people. Upon finding the dog I decided to silence it. I tried to coax it over and give pets. The dog wanted none of that. I tried throwing it a piece of fruit from my bag, but oh my gosh the dog wouldn't stop.

I did what needed to be done. I shot several arrows quickly in the dog's mouth. I made sure to fire them rapid enough that they only hit each other in the dog's mouth. I am not a dog killer......I legit just wanted some peace and quiet.

Some guys emerged.... they said they were the Pandavas??????

One guy was really rude. His name was Arjuna. He kept asking me who taught me archery.

I wanted to seem cool so I told him Drona......M-I-S-T-A-K-E

Arjuna and the other guys were furious...... they said something about Drona being a traitor......

I regretted trying to seem cool....

THEN DRONA SHOWED UP

I really regretted it now......but like also this was super cool because Drona is a star.

Anyways, I tell them how I tried to get trained by Drona a long time ago, but he denied me. I tell them how I have practiced in front of his image to gain my skill.

Then Drona tells me to cut off my right thumb........

well.......

I obviously did it because it is Drona......but I can no longer pull my bow back...

I really regret trying to seem cool now.

I keep telling myself when one door closes, another opens. Tomorrow I plan on finding a big cuddly dog and maybe that will make me feel better.

The Big Fluffy Dog I Want (Wikipedia)


-Ekalavya 




Author's note:
I loved Ekalavya's Story from the Mahabharata online youtube video. While I wish I could make a video that cool for this story, my technology skills are not there yet.

That was one change I made retelling this story. I took a video with audio and images and made a text based story. I also changed Ekalavya's story from third person to first person. The story is written as a journal entry from Ekalavya's point of view. This gave me the chance to add more detail and more emotion. I decided to make Ekalavya a dog lover just for fun. I thought it made him more relatable. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the story. Thank you for reading!


Bibliography: Mahabharata Episodes Part B: Ekalavya's Story,  found on Youtube by Epified

Comments

  1. Hey Camille,
    I was really interested in Ekalavya’s story, so I wrote about it as well. I like how you turned this story into more of a journal entry than a third person narration. Also, I think it was great that you made E a dog lover. It was a great explanation for why he didn’t kill the dog. I liked how you emphasized E’s obsession over Drona. I think it was pretty close to the real story.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I like that the perspective being in first person. I enjoy the personification of the stomach. I also like how you go off on tangents of thought. It really makes your character more real. This is a very interesting take on the original story. I do have to say I would like to cuddle that puppy… IT IS SO CUTE!!! Over all I think you did a great job with the story. I like yours more than the one we read for class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camille,
    I love this story! The way you turned it into a journal entry added so much more depth the Ekalavya's character and showed us a personality from him that we don't really see in the original story. I really like your writing style and your use of all the ellipses because it adds a suspense and a personal touch to it. Overall, I think this may be one of my favorite stories I have read so far and I hope to be able to read some more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camille, I loved that you turned this into a journal entry. I think I'm gonna try that writing style too, it seems a lot of fun! I also liked that there was dialogue within the writing, it kept your story easy to follow and engaging. I think adding comedy to this scene helps lighten the mood and lets us see the story from a different perspective! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts