Week 10 Lab: Storybook Research

Hi everyone! 

So with the virus...my cooking project is kinda in a slight shamble. Many ingredients I am not going to be able to get anymore, so I want to use this time to brainstorm some new recipes or ideas. 

This week I watched the Krishna on Epified. One specific story captured my attention as a possible recipe story: "Krishna rides Hastin." This story mentions jaggery. It is used to gain the trust of Hastin.   Since I do not have access to mango, I could always pick this story instead and find a jaggery recipe.

Jaggery Recipe:

Badam Ladoo (jaggery energy balls)


For the story I could talk create a letter from Krishna to me or Hastin to me. If it was from Krishna it could be him needing help because he has lost Hastin's trust and he needs more sweet treats. If it is from Hastin, it could be him being super hungry for jaggery because it is his favorite. It could also be form someone else who wants to be like Krishna and gain Hastin's trust!

Jaggery Cubes form Wiki Commons


As far as the other recipe (Kheer), I think I might be okay, but I still want a back up.  

This is the original: Akshaya Patra is the story of Krishna's visit to the Pandavas. In this story, Draupadi offers Krishna all she has to eat, one grain of rice. She gives all she has, which is a big sacrifice even if it is one little piece of rice. Draupadi is rewarded with an akshaya patra, an inexhaustible vessel of food. I will be cooking up the rice dish kheer for this recipe. One thing I love about this story is its application in present day. Currently in India, Akshaya Patra has become a non-profit school lunch program. 

Rice Back Up Recipe:

Indian Rice: This looks super yummy and I have almost everything for it.




Comments

Popular Posts