Assignments

Hey guys!

I feel much more prepared this semester in comparison to last semester. I also feel more confident to try new things.

From last semester, I loved the layout. This semester I am really going to focus on those extra credit points though. I feel like that is where I learned the most, and I didn't take advantage of it until the very end.

The extra credit I will be focusing on will be:

  • Growth Mindset and HEART. These two helped me take care of myself during the semester. They are great for self reflection and self improvement. I would love to complete one of these a week at least, maybe more if I am struggling that week. 
  • Extra Commenting. I loved this one last semester! I used it to read peoples growth mindset post, their favorite places post, and any of their extra credit. I found it helped me learn A LOT. I not only picked up on writing strategies I liked, it helped me organize my thoughts better and expand on my knowledge. I will definitely be doing this one weekly. 
  • Microfictions. Gotta try everything, so I will definitely be doing these for at least a couple weeks. I think this will be a great opportunity to help my writing. I find my writing gets a little to long. This will help me take control of running away with an idea and condensing it down. 
  • Biographical Writing. Definitely doing this all semester. This looks like so much fun. I love challenging myself creatively so this is perfect! 
  • Famous Last Words. Okay, I never did this extra credit last year, but I am going to try to focus on it this time around. This extra credit will help me stay mentally organized, but I also think it may help me mentally as well. I will test it out for a few weeks, but I am hopeful!
Growth Mindset Cat, picture by Laura

Comments

Popular Posts