Time Strategies

Hello once again :)

How to Save Some Time, by Giphy


I want to approach this assignment a bit differently than I did last semester. I will include the articles I read and a quick blurb if I found them helpful/ how helpful. My main focus will be at creating a bulleted list of things that I want to apply this semester though.

11 Ways Unsuccessful People Mismanage Their Time

I would say this one was really helpful because it explained what you should not be. For me I can see what I do and do not do a bit clearer. This helps me manage what I need to focus on. I found a lot of it eye opening. It was a quick read and chuck full of tips.

Eat The Frogs First Thing In The Morning

Okay this wasn't my favorite article, but that doesn't mean it wasn't true haha. I am horrible at this. I hate doing the things I hate first thing in the morning. Maybe I will start slow with this one. It may be a cool challenge to do once a week till I get used to it and start finding the benefit to it in my daily life. It seems super overwhelming at first though. I try to keep my mornings stress free and I think if I know I must do my biggest challenge of the day as soon as I wake up, I would feel the stress BIG TIME.

3 Steps To Recapture Time

Interesting read! I love the whole 15 minute thing. The rest of the article was a good refresher, but I felt pretty comfortable with it all.

Tips I want to apply:

*I will start with only a few at a time*

  • Get a ritual down *start now*
    • Every morning wake up, get dressed and ready to move, eat my oatmeal, drink my coffee, and spend an hour researching things I enjoy or connecting with friends.....then start the day!
  • Plan fun in my agenda (Bigger Ideas, Daily Ideas) *start now*
    • Yoga / Pilates class
    • Massage 
    • Going out with friends 
    • The movies
    • Hiking
    • TED talk
    • Gym
    • Painting
    • Baking a treat
    • Walk and podcast 
    • Play with my pup
  • Prioritize my agenda and set weekly goals (monthly is too long for me and daily is too stressful).
  • Take some time daily to chill and prevent burn out.
  • Practice the two minute rule. Aka If you can do it in less than two minutes....do it right then. *start now*
    • emails 
    • calling people back 
    • sending a text back (I am so bad at this....yikes)
    • taking out the trash
    • picking up liter
    • turning in an assignment
  • Eat the frog first thing in the morning 
    • Start with one day a week (Monday), then move to 2 or 3 (Saturday to Monday?)
  • Save the first 15 minutes of the day for myself
    • meditate (never tried this, but I'll give it a shot)
    • look over agenda 
    • chunk up my goals (break up into smallest parts)

Comments

Popular Posts